Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Cindy's Reflections: 'Fake News' or 'Real'?

I am sharing this post because Larry's blog has recently been receiving multiple comments from what appears to be the same anonymous user (based upon the language he uses).  These comments accuse Larry of being a fake and that this blog is not real.  This makes me sad and mad.  Larry started this blog because I suggested he do so.  I thought it would be a good way for him to be able to share more about himself and our life together.  He writes very well, but doesn't communicate as well verbally.  He also doesn't easily share his feelings.  Because of that, I find it interesting that one of the reasons the commenter feels this blog is fake is because Larry doesn't share his feelings.  I now feel responsible for the pain that Larry is feeling about these comments.

Based on advice that we received a month or so ago from one of our readers about an anonymous commenter that seemed to be trying to cause trouble, I have now been directing Larry to delete these comments.  The advice we received indicated that most blogs don't tolerate individuals who try to cause trouble.  We don't know for sure, but it appears that the same person who submitted the original troubling comments is the same person who has changed tactics and is now submitting the current accusations.

Tonight I learned that we can moderate the comments we receive and I have now changed our settings to allow us to review comments before they are published.  I'm saddened that we have to do that.  We will do our best to quickly review comments and post them.  However, we will not allow comments from what appears to be an isolated individual who originally didn't like what we posted and is now trying to find a way to discredit what we are trying to share and our desire to learn from other individuals.

I am also saddened that our current President seems to have created a concept of fake news.  It now appears that if we see any news or information that we don't agree with, the easy answer is to label it as fake news.  I realize there is fake news out there.  However, I also feel that is much too easy for anyone to claim 'fake news' for anything they don't like.

So, I will leave it up to our readers to decide whether you feel we are a couple trying to find a way to learn and grow with respect to FLR, DD, and kinky sex, or whether we are fake news.  On behalf of Larry, I will promise that any comment received from a registered user with a detailed profile and history will be published, regardless of the position it takes. I will not make the same promise for anonymous users or someone who has recently created a profile.  They will be evaluated more carefully.  Our hope will be to publish all comments received.

As I suspect many of you may gather, I am taking over the management of this blog for Larry.  He will still control what he posts.  That is important for each of us.  But I will control the comments that get posted.

Cindy

8 comments:

  1. There a plenty of people out there who's imagination cannot encompass the idea that a couple can act as you do. Best thing is to ignore and not publish these negative comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. Larry and I both enjoy reading your blog and appreciate your support.

      Cindy

      Delete
  2. Cindy it's sad that a very few readers and posters on your and other sites feel they have to challenge and disrupt what others say and do. I had challenged the poster you refer to but that is just what they want. They want to be recognized it makes them feel important. Another site I post on is consensual spanking. They do just what you are going to start doing. It's more work for you but sometimes very necessary. If a person does not like a blog why do they go there? I guess it makes them feel important in their own little world. You and Larry have a good site and I for one thank you for starting it.
    archedone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you archedone. It is sad, and we really appreciate your support, along with your perceptive and wise comments.

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. Hi Cindy & Larry,

    I've really enjoyed both your posts, and I thank @juliesp for linking your blog so i could discover it.

    your point about a lack of imagination is well taken; i think for some of us your relationship seems like a dream scenario, one that could only exist in our imaginations, and thus we have trouble believing everything that is written.

    it's worth noting too that @juliesp has admitted embellishing certain details, and . while I enjoy her blog, and the scenarios she crafts, i view them with a somewhat skeptical eye. your blog rings more true-to-life.

    one last comment about anonymous comments. for many of us, discretion online is paramount, and registering even a fake blogger profile seems too risky. that said, i will always sign mine.

    thanks to your both for sharing your relationship with us all.

    Miles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miles. I'm glad you like Larry's blog. I also understand the need for discretion on line.

      Cindy

      Delete
  4. I feel very fortunate to have discovered your blog, and have been reading and enjoying it from the beginning. I appreciate how much you share your thoughts and experiences as you explore your FLM. I'm with Julie and archedone, and I imagine the negative posters will go away when they have no impact anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penney. Your support is greatly appreciated.

      Cindy

      Delete